GPS Global Asset Tracker
No Monthly Recurring Fees. Lasts Up to 3 Years.
The Next Generation in GPS Asset Tracking
This new handheld GPS tracker lasts up to 3 years in stand-by mode with no monthly recurring fees. Activate and locate only when your asset is missing or stolen. Quad mode means this device and our software work worldwide.
Locate and activate only when your asset is missing or stolen at no extra charge.
This tiny device can be easily placed or hidden in a vehicle or other asset. It's deployed with a prepaid SIM card with no monthly recurring charges. Programmed for easy and automatic updates even when inactive, the Global Asset Tracker allows access for a limited time every day to receive needed information. If the asset or vehicle is stolen or lost, and a GAT customer requests activation of their unit(s), TrackingtheWorld offers a free, one-time location check of assets before any activation fees are incurred.
Quad mode means this device and our software work worldwide.
Quad-mode capabilities allow the Global Asset Tracker to be activated and operate from anywhere in the world, over land, sea or air. In addition, the device is compatible with TrackingtheWorld's cutting-edge GPS tracking software, which allows users to access readily-available satellite mapping technology or incorporate their own customized maps from anywhere on Earth.
Originally developed for military use, GPS technology is now widely used by businesses of every size. GPS devices are often credited for the quick recovery of stolen or missing goods, because they allow business owners and law enforcement officials to track and pinpoint the exact location of stolen items.
|Optional 18 amp/hr Battery Pack Extends GAT’s Charge Time to 7 Years.
Also available for use with the Global Asset Tracker is a specially-designed hibernating lithium battery pack which extends the GAT’s charge time to 7 years. The battery pack is housed in a magnetic, weather-resistant and crushproof Pelican® case, which measures a mere 5.43 inches long.
- GPRS / SMS
- Up to 5.000 location / activation messages can be saved (automatic)
- Built in motion detector
- 3.7 Volt Li-ion battery with optional high power lithium batteries and waterproof housing.
- Panic button (will power up the unit from deep sleep mode)
- Super low battery use in deep sleep mode (low power timer on) (Up to 3 years with 3.7V/960mA battery)
- Timer circuit can wake up unit by time (hours – minutes – seconds – days months) or any configured time or date.
- Time backup battery will last up to 3+ years without battery or external power connected.
- 18 Pin mini multi I/O connector
- One digital input (0 to 60VDC)
- One analog – digital input (3.3VDC)
- Built in active high performance GPS antenna
- Unit can be activated from deep sleep mode using Panic button, wire connection (will activate the unit when wire is broken or cut), or when closed loop is opened.
- Low battery LED indicator
- GPS status LED indicator
- Built-in buzzer for warning and motion detection (can be switched off)
- Operating temperature range -25 deg. C to +70 deg. C (Battery 0 – +60 Degrees C.)
Lasts up to 3 years on internal battery or 7 years on optional external 18 amp/hr batteries.
Unit size: 90.5x 39 x 15.5 mm (3.56 x 1.53 x .61 in)
Case Environmental Characteristics:
- Operational Temperature: - 25 ~ + 70 °C
- Storage temperature -40°C to +80°C
- 1 Multi I/O connector (18 pin with locking pins)
Input Voltage: + 5 Volt DC regulated (USB port power)
SIM-COM Quad band 1900/850/900/1800 Megahertz
uBlox- LEA-4S chipset version (default)
GAT Battery Life Characteristics
The GAT offers outstanding long term battery operation by activating itself automatically for short periods of time (5 minutes) at preprogrammed intervals (usually daily, weekly, or monthly). This allows the GAT to be located at the first interval after the asset is lost or stolen while conserving battery power at all other times. Battery life is dependant upon selected interval. Optional extended life battery pack and waterproof case is also available to enhance performance time. In addition, optional external sensors such as vibration, magnetic, temperature, pressure, or humidity are available for optimal battery life up to 3 years. Examples of sensors are, Magnetic (#588131), Pressure (#18400061), Humidity (#1860230), Vibration (#MSR320)
|Typical Battery Life Chart
||With Optional Battery Pack |
|With External Sensor
||7 Years |
|Auto Activate Weekly
||5 Years |
|Auto Activate Daily
||3 Years |